flink-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Pompermaier <pomperma...@okkam.it>
Subject WriteAsText bug or bad name?
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 19:31:00 GMT
Hi to all,
running the example at
http://flink.incubator.apache.org/docs/0.7-incubating/local_execution.html
I was thinking that the writeAsText on a local file was creating a text
file on my local filesystem..instead it creates something similar to a
sequence file (within a folder).
This is something misleading I think...or the API name is wrong or this is
a bug (IMHO).
Btw..how can I modify the following program to write results in a single
text file on my local filesystem?

 ExecutionEnvironment env = ExecutionEnvironment.createLocalEnvironment();
 DataSet<String> data = env.readTextFile("file:///tmp/res.txt");
 data.filter(new FilterFunction<String>() {
   public boolean filter(String value) {
    return value.startsWith("http://");
   }
  }).writeAsText("file:///tmp/res.txt");