flink-user mailing list archives

From Ufuk Celebi <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Naive question
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:26:32 GMT
Hey Mohit,

On 21 Oct 2014, at 02:11, Mohit Singh <mohit1007@gmail.com> wrote:

> Cool... Thanks for the update..
> What would be a good way to start contributing into flink.
> I am comfortable with java but not so much on scala end but I would love to pick it up
as I go..
> But basically, is there a good starting place for start pitching in and contribute?

Great to hear that you are interested in contributing. :) It is not necessary to know Scala,
because the core runtime is written in Java for the most part.

As first steps I would suggest the following:
- Have a look at the contribution guide here [1].
- We try to assign all issues to system components [2]. This might help you to get an overview
about which parts of the system are interesting to you.

Does this help as a starting point? We can then discuss specific issues here on the mailing
list or in the respective issue.

– Ufuk

[1] http://flink.incubator.apache.org/how-to-contribute.html
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:components-panel