flink-user mailing list archives

From Camelia-Elena Ciolac <camelia-elena.cio...@inria.fr>
Subject Collection of files as input
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2014 10:08:24 GMT
Hello,

I am working on a use case where we have a collections of files as input.
I am using the env.createInput based on AvroInputFormat. For one input file, it is fine to
specify it in new Path(args[0]).
But, it is possible (and if yes, how) to create a DataSet based on a collection of files directly?

I thought of a workaround of building one DataSet dsUnion to be the union result,
and a second DataSet dsCurrent where we create an input for one file.

read first file in dsUnion

in a loop, repeat:
read another file in dsCurrent
dsUnion = dsUnion.union(dsCurrent)
until all files in the collection are processed.

Is there a simpler solution possible with Flink API?

Thanks in advance!
Camelia