flink-user mailing list archives

From rmetzger0 <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Looking for instructions & source for flink-java-examples-0.6-incubating-WebLogAnalysis.jar
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2014 14:46:32 GMT
Hi,

the configuration file looks correct now.

Did you restart Flink after you updated the configuration?
Also, the config needs to be changed on all cluster nodes (we use a NFS
shared folder, you can also use rsync to synchronize the files of the
"master" (JobManager) to all the "worker" nodes (TaskManager).
Are there other configuration files in the conf/ directory? I think our
code is loading all configuration files by their extension. So if there is
a flink-conf-defaults.yaml in the same dir, it might still contain the
erroneous values.

Regarding your suggestion:
We already implemented part of your suggestion: if the user sets the dop to
-1, we'll print a warning and set the DOP to 1.
We discussed setting the "numberOfTaskSlots" to the number of CPUs by
default, but that would basically mean that Flink is grabbing all the
resources on the cluster. We therefore decided for being conservative and
use only one core by default.

By the way, I would recommend giving the Flink TaskManager (and also the
jobManager) a bit more memory.

Your current settings are:

jobmanager.heap.mb: 256
taskmanager.heap.mb: 512

These are MBs, so the TaskManagers will only have 512 MB. If your cluster
nodes have, say 20GB, set the TaskManager heap space to 15000. This will
lead to huge performance improvements for your jobs!

I hope restarting resolves the issue.

Best,
Robert

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 4:26 PM, nirvanesque [via Apache Flink (Incubator)

>>> abasu@edel-4:~$ ./flink/bin/flink run -v