flink-user-zh mailing list archives

From 邢瑞斌 <xingro...@gmail.com>
Subject Rewind offset to a previous position and ensure certainty.
Date Wed, 25 Dec 2019 12:26:45 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use Kafka as an event store and I want to create several
partitions to improve read/write throughput. Occasionally I need to rewind
offset to a previous position for recomputing. Since order isn't guaranteed
among partitions in Kafka, does this mean that Flink won't produce the same
results as before when rewind even if it uses event time? For example,
consumer for a partition progresses extremely fast and raises watermark, so
events from other partitions are discarded. Is there any ways to prevent
this from happening?

Thanks in advance!

Ruibin