flink-user-zh mailing list archives

From "Simon Su" <barley...@163.com>
Subject Re:[Discuss] What should the "Data Source" be translated into Chinese
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2019 10:02:15 GMT
Hi all,

更倾向于不翻译 Data Source 和 Data Sink

Thanks,
SImon

On 08/13/2019 17:27,WangHengwei<yngwiewang@163.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm working on [FLINK-13405] Translate "Basic API Concepts" page into Chinese. I have a problem.

Usually we translate "Data Source" into "数据源" but there is no agreed translation for
"Data Sink". Since it often appears in documents, I think we'd better to have a unified translation.
I have some alternatives, e.g. "数据沉淀","数据归" or "数据终".

Committer Xingcan Cui has a good suggestion for "数据汇" which corresponds to source ("数据源").
I asked Committer Jark Wu, he is also fine with it. I think "数据汇" is a good representation
of flow charactiristics so I would like to use it.

I want to hear more thoughts from the community whether we should translate it and what it
should be translated into.

Thanks,
WangHW