flink-user-zh mailing list archives

From WangHengwei <yngwiew...@163.com>
Subject [Discuss] What should the "Data Source" be translated into Chinese
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2019 09:27:42 GMT
Hi all,

    I'm working on [FLINK-13405] Translate "Basic API Concepts" page into Chinese. I have
a problem.

    Usually we translate "Data Source" into "数据源" but there is no agreed translation
for "Data Sink". Since it often appears in documents, I think we'd better to have a unified
translation. I have some alternatives, e.g. "数据沉淀","数据归" or "数据终".

     Committer Xingcan Cui has a good suggestion for "数据汇" which corresponds to source
("数据源"). I asked Committer Jark Wu, he is also fine with it. I think "数据汇" is
a good representation of flow charactiristics so I would like to use it.

    I want to hear more thoughts from the community whether we should translate it and what
it should be translated into.

    Thanks,
    WangHW