flink-dev mailing list archives

From "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tzuli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.4.1
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2018 18:29:07 GMT
Status update:

We're waiting for the PR for [FLINK-8318] Shade all Elasticsearch connector dependencies to
be reviewed and merged [1].
Once that happens, I’ll kick off RC1 for Flink 1.4.1.

Cheers,
Gordon

[1] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/5426

On 31 January 2018 at 12:15:09 PM, Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai (tzulitai@apache.org) wrote:

Thanks a lot for the wrap-up Chesnay.

For open issues with a PR already:

[FLINK-8275] Flink YARN TMs using wrong local Kerberos keytab path
[FLINK-8318] Shade all Elasticsearch connector dependencies
I am currently reviewing these two.

[FLINK-8409] KafkaConsumerThread potential NPE
[FLINK-8419] No metrics registered for dynamically discovered Kafka partitions
These have been reviewed and is mergeable.

[FLINK-8421] HeapInternalTimerService does not reconfigure serializers on restore

This is still waiting for a review, but I think Aljoscha will start reviewing it soon.

For unassigned PRs, I recommend that we start kicking off a 1.4.1 RC by the end of this week
with what we have, and leave those for a fast 1.4.2 release afterwards.

The reason is we’ve already collected quite a few very critical fixes for 1.4.1 that users
have reported and are waiting on, so blocking the 1.4.1 release any longer on still un-assigned
issues might not be a good idea.

I would also be happy to be the release manager for the 1.4.1 release.

Cheers,
Gordon