flink-dev mailing list archives

From mingleizhang <zml13856086...@163.com>
Subject Confused about method naming in heartbeatFromJobManager or heartbeatFromResourceManager
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 12:06:53 GMT
Attached is the taskmanager design picture. And from the picturen, I know taskmanager send
heartbeat to jobmanager ( also called jobmaster in flip6 now) and resourcesmanager periodically.
But when I watched the source code below in TaskExecutor.java. I feel confused about the function
name. Shouldn't it be heartbeatToJobManager and heartbeatToResouceManager ? And in TaskExecutorGateway.java
there is a comment, Heartbeat request from job manager. yea. both them confused me a lot.
Does anyone let me know why called it like that ?

Thanks
Rice.

// ----------------------------------------------------------------------
// Heartbeat RPC
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------

@Override
public void heartbeatFromJobManager(ResourceID resourceID) {
jobManagerHeartbeatManager.requestHeartbeat(resourceID, null);
}

@Override
public void heartbeatFromResourceManager(ResourceID resourceID) {
resourceManagerHeartbeatManager.requestHeartbeat(resourceID, null);
}
/**
 * Heartbeat request from the job manager.
 *
 * @param heartbeatOrigin unique id of the job manager
 */
void heartbeatFromJobManager(ResourceID heartbeatOrigin);

/**
 * Heartbeat request from the resource manager.
 *
 * @param heartbeatOrigin unique id of the resource manager
 */
void heartbeatFromResourceManager(ResourceID heartbeatOrigin);