flink-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Hueske <fhue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Proposing FLIP-25 - Support User State TTL Natively in Flink
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2018 20:53:04 GMT
Hi Bowen,

Thanks for the proposal! I think state TTL would be a great feature!
Actually, we have implemented this for SQL / Table API [1].
I've added a couple of comments to the design doc.

In principle, I'm not sure if this functionality should be added to the
state backends.
We could also use the existing timer service which would have a few nice
benefits (see my comments in the docs).

Best, Fabian

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/dev/table/streaming.html#idle-state-retention-time