flink-dev mailing list archives

From mingleizhang <zml13856086...@163.com>
Subject Why does jobmanager running needs slot ?
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2018 07:35:17 GMT
I find some codes in flink does not make sense to me. Like in some classes below:

JobMasterGateway.java has a offerSlots method which means Offers the given slots to the job
manager. I was wondering why a jobmanager running should need slots ?
TaskExecutor.java has a offerSlotsToJobManager method which means offer slots to jobmanager.

Above both are confuse me. I just know that Task running needs slots which support by a taskManager.
Does anyone let me why what does jobmanager needs slots mean ?

Thanks in advance.
Rice.