flink-dev mailing list archives

From Ufuk Celebi <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding a blog post about the 1.4/1.5 timeline and features
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2017 09:43:31 GMT
Great post. :-) Really looking forward to both releases.

– Ufuk

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 4:19 PM, Aljoscha Krettek <aljoscha@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Mike, Stephan and I wrote a blog post outlining the big new features scheduled for Flink
1.5 and also quickly describing the features of the soon-to-be-released Flink 1.4. The post
also summarizes why some of the big features where pushed back to 1.5 (hint: it's all about
stability and giving us enough time to properly test new feature) and describes the reasons
in a concise way to an audience that might not follow all the mailing list discussions.

> I would like to publish this rather soonish, ideally this week. What do you all think?
>
> This is the PR for the post: https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/93
>
> Best,
> Aljoscha
>
> P.S. I'm in the process of cutting the first Flink 1.4 release candidate as I'm writing
this.