flink-dev mailing list archives

From Nico Kruber <n...@data-artisans.com>
Subject [NOTICE] Tests of S3-related PRs are not verified by the Travis configuration of the PR
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2017 11:18:38 GMT
I recently came across the fact, that if I changed anything S3 related, these
tests will only run if proper AWS credentials are set up via the environment
variables ARTIFACTS_AWS_BUCKET, ARTIFACTS_AWS_ACCESS_KEY, and
ARTIFACTS_AWS_SECRET_KEY.

I can set them in my personal Travis CI configuration and they are also set in
Apache Flink's configuration. However, they are not set in the Travis CI runs
of pull requests (most likely so they cannot be leaked). This, however, means
that any PRs related to S3 must be handled specially by the committer who
wants to merge them, i.e. the S3 tests should be run before merging the
change. This could be done manually, or by letting the changes run in a branch
of the committer with proper AWS credentials being set up at Travis CI.
Either way, the committer should be aware and hence I propose to extent the PR
template in [1] accordingly.

Nico

[1] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/4952