flink-dev mailing list archives

From Chesnay Schepler <ches...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Input records rate at source tasks
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2017 07:02:42 GMT
Hello,

the input metrics for all sources are 0.

You will have to modify the relevant sources to measure the number of
incoming records/bytes with a Counter,
and wrap this counter in a MeterView to get the rates. Register them
with Flink as described in the Metrics documentation.

Choose a unique name for them (NOT numRecordsIn!), and you will be able
to access them (while a job is running) through
the REST API.

Note that this will not change the display in the webUI itself.

On 13.09.2017 00:42, Luis Alves wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m running a Flink application with multiple tasks, and I noticed that in the source
task metrics, the input rate (num records in per second) always equals 0, even when it’s
receiving records and processing them. I’m reading the input from a socket.

> Given this, I have two questions:
>
> If I use another input source such as a Kafka, will the num records in per second still
be 0 (even when processing records)?

> If 1. is true then, do you have any hint on how can I implement this on Flink? I’m
modifying Flink 1.2 for my master thesis, and I need to have access to this value in the JobManager.