flink-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Fong <mcfong.o...@gmail.com>
Subject mvn checkstyle error vs IDE based stylecheck
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:30:46 GMT
Hi, all,

I am new to this community and would like to make some contributions to
this awesome project.

While I was exploring the source code, I noticed there is a maven tests
that verify the checkstyle of java codes. Something like the following
would pop up after executing `mvn clean install` or `mvn verify`
################
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:2.17:check (validate) on
project flink-connector-cassandra_2.11: You have 112 Checkstyle violations.
-> [Help 1]

Would there there any IDE based checkstyle / auto-format that could assist
me for this purpose?  I currently use IntelliJ (the latest build) for most
of my development. I tried to to install the checkstyle rules instructed on
https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/master/docs/internals/ide_setup.md#intellij-idea,
but did not succeed.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,