flink-dev mailing list archives

From "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tzuli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release 1.3.2 planning
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2017 12:59:20 GMT
I also was thinking that FLINK-6215 shouldn’t block 1.3.2, just wanted to make sure due to
the previous comments mentioned on the PR. Agreed ;)

Cheers,
Gordon

On 28 July 2017 at 8:39:05 PM, Aljoscha Krettek (aljoscha@apache.org) wrote:

I think we don't have to consider that since no-one (aside from testing) ever ran into problems
with that. However, we should keep in mind merging this for 1.4 (and 1.3.3). What do you think?

Best,
Aljoscha

> On 28. Jul 2017, at 14:35, Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai <tzulitai@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Would https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/3669 (Make StatefulSequenceSource rescalable)
be considered another blocker / important fix for 1.3.2?

> Was scanning some PRs and noticed that there were previous comments on needing to merge
that fix for release-1.3.
> One specific aspect I’m not sure of whether or not to consider it a blocker is if there
are actually users using the StatefulSequenceSource in production, and if so, we would need
to do a bit more work on the source to make it backwards compatible (as of now, the changes
in the PR do not provide backwards compatibility).

> What do you think?
>
> - Gordon
> On 25 July 2017 at 11:02:05 PM, Aljoscha Krettek (aljoscha@apache.org) wrote:
>
> I did some preliminary cluster testing on 1.3-SNAPSHOT and it seems there is another
issue in RocksDB with incremental checkpoints. Stefan and I are currently investigating. I'll
keep you posted and we can hopefully create an RC once we hunt this one down.

> Best,
> Aljoscha
>
>> On 24. Jul 2017, at 14:39, Timo Walther <twalthr@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> I just merged the fixes for FLINK-7137 and FLINK-7177. All blockers are resolved
from the Table & SQL API side.

>> Regards,
>> Timo
>>
>> Am 24.07.17 um 11:14 schrieb Aljoscha Krettek:
>>> @Greg: I merged that.
>>>
>>> It seems like all blockers are now either resolved or determined not to be blocking
for this release. I will try and cut the first RC now.

>>> Best,
>>> Aljoscha

the release assembly and would be good to have fixed for 1.3.2.

;-)

<

(aljoscha@apache.org
issue: