flink-dev mailing list archives

From Chesnay Schepler <ches...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] GitBox
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2017 11:50:04 GMT
Alright, so there is an apache repo that can found at
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flink-shaded.git
but it is a mirror of the github repo.

For flink, we push to apache and it is mirrored to github.
For flink-shaded, we push to github and it is mirror to apache.

On 18.07.2017 13:47, Chesnay Schepler wrote:
> I'm not aware of any asf hosted repository for gitbox projects; if you
> look at the flink-shaded repository you will
> not see any mention of it being a mirror, compared to the flink repo.
>
> The git-wip-us.apache.org repo for flink-shaded was removed when we
> switched.
>
> On 18.07.2017 13:27, Greg Hogan wrote:
>> Linking is required to commit to the ASF hosted repo as well as the
>> GitHub repo? My understanding was that linking and 2FA was only
>> required to commit through GitHub, so no one would have diminished
>> capabilities. I’d generally recommend only ever writing to a single
>> repo to prevent concurrent commits.
>>

>>> On Jul 18, 2017, at 6:21 AM, Chesnay Schepler <chesnay@apache.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> We recently moved flink-shaded to GitBox; overall I'm quite happy
>>> with how it works.
>>>
>>> However, it is not possible for committers to push commits that
>>> haven't gone through the github/asf
>>> account linking process (https://gitbox.apache.org/setup/).
>>>
>>> I verified this today in an experiment with the help of Robert.
>>>
>>> The linking process requires every committer to join the ASF github
>>> organization, include their github username
>>> in the apache profile, and setup 2-factor-authorization for their
>>> github account.
>>>
>>> While i would love to have the gitbox functionality for the Flink
>>> repository I don't know whether we want to
>>> impose these requirements on all committers.

PRs

new projects or
to GitHub and
of GitHub