flink-dev mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]refactor StreamConfig
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 13:19:29 GMT
Hi,

Yes, that sounds very good! I like the idea of having an interface that is a view on some
of the settings. We could maybe improve the naming, because to me it is not completely clear
what the difference between OperatorSettings and OperatorProperties is (I mean just the name,
the functionality you defined very well!). This is easy to change though.

I think we arrived at a good solution now, thanks!

Best,
Aljoscha

> On 6. Jul 2017, at 16:55, Xu Pingyong <xupingyong008@163.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Aljoscha:
>
>   Great. I cannot agree with you more. So I introduce OperatorSettings and OperatorProperties.
>

>   StreamTaskConfig relys on the underlying configuration and is provided for the streamTask
to use. It contains:
>     1) in.physical.edges
>     2) out.physical.edges
>     3) chained OperatorSettings
>     4) execution environment: checkpoint, state.backend and so on...
>

>   OperatorSettings is serialisable and stores things that are tied to one operator within
the chain. It is provided for the streamTask to build an operator. It contains:
>       1)  operator information: name, id
>       2)  streamOperator
>       3)  input serializer.
>       4)  output edges and serializers.
>       5)  s.chain.start, is.chain.end
>       6)  state.key.serializer
>

>   OperatorProperties can be an interface to view few things of OperatorSettings, it is
provided for an operator to setup, it contains: