flink-dev mailing list archives

From Ufuk Celebi <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] A more thorough Pull Request check list and template
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2017 10:15:45 GMT
On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Fabian Hueske <fhueske@gmail.com> wrote:
> For example even if the question about changed dependencies is answered
> with "no", the reviewer still has to check that.

But having it as a required option/text in the PR descriptions helps
reviewers to actually remember to check that. I think we should be
more realistic here and assume that reviewers will also overlook
things etc.

To me, keeping the questions is more important than the intro text.
Therefore, I would be OK with moving the text to the contrib guide,
but I would definitely keep the detailed yes/nos and not go with high
level questions that everyone will answer differently.

– Ufuk