flink-dev mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release 1.3.2 planning
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2017 13:03:11 GMT
Alright, it's always good to be extra careful here. 👍

> On 28. Jul 2017, at 14:59, Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai <tzulitai@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I also was thinking that FLINK-6215 shouldn’t block 1.3.2, just wanted to make sure
due to the previous comments mentioned on the PR. Agreed ;)

> Cheers,
> Gordon
>
> On 28 July 2017 at 8:39:05 PM, Aljoscha Krettek (aljoscha@apache.org) wrote:
>
> I think we don't have to consider that since no-one (aside from testing) ever ran into
problems with that. However, we should keep in mind merging this for 1.4 (and 1.3.3). What
do you think?

> Best,
> Aljoscha
>
>> On 28. Jul 2017, at 14:35, Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai <tzulitai@apache.org> wrote:

>> Would https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/3669 (Make StatefulSequenceSource rescalable)
be considered another blocker / important fix for 1.3.2?

>> Was scanning some PRs and noticed that there were previous comments on needing to
merge that fix for release-1.3.
>> One specific aspect I’m not sure of whether or not to consider it a blocker is
if there are actually users using the StatefulSequenceSource in production, and if so, we
would need to do a bit more work on the source to make it backwards compatible (as of now,
the changes in the PR do not provide backwards compatibility).

>> What do you think?
>>
>> - Gordon
>> On 25 July 2017 at 11:02:05 PM, Aljoscha Krettek (aljoscha@apache.org) wrote:
>>
>> I did some preliminary cluster testing on 1.3-SNAPSHOT and it seems there is another
issue in RocksDB with incremental checkpoints. Stefan and I are currently investigating. I'll
keep you posted and we can hopefully create an RC once we hunt this one down.

>> Best,
>> Aljoscha
>>
>>> On 24. Jul 2017, at 14:39, Timo Walther <twalthr@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I just merged the fixes for FLINK-7137 and FLINK-7177. All blockers are resolved
from the Table & SQL API side.

>>> Regards,
>>> Timo

blocking for this release. I will try and cut the first RC now.

from the release assembly and would be good to have fixed for 1.3.2.

<

<tzulitai@apache.org>
1.3.2:

<