flink-dev mailing list archives

From Chesnay Schepler <ches...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] GitBox
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2017 15:00:53 GMT
It appears the mirroring is bi-directional.

Here's the output i got while pushing

    /remote: Sending notification emails to:
    ['"commits@flink.apache.org" <commits@flink.apache.org>']
    remote: To git@github:apache/flink-shaded.git
    remote:    fd3033b..301c6bb 301c6bbc5e87c44eac48d43e3b9ce44f3b54b3eb
    -> test_branch
    remote: Syncing refs/heads/test_branch...
    To https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/flink-shaded.git
        fd3033b..301c6bb  master -> test_branch
    /

What remains to be seen is what happens if the 2 repos are out of sync,
for example due to a concurrent
push to both apache and github. I don't have the time today to try this
out though.

On 18.07.2017 16:48, Suneel Marthi wrote:
> FWIW, the Apache OpenNLP project recently moved to gitbox and even had a
> release following that - if anything it makes a committers' PR merge
> workflow lot easier when having to rebase, squash and merge PRs.
>
> See the section about 'Merging a PR via Github'  here -
> http://opennlp.apache.org/using-git.html
>

> On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Chesnay Schepler <chesnay@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Well then, let's just try it out :)
>>
>> I'll push a branch to the apache repo.
>>

>> On 18.07.2017 16:16, Greg Hogan wrote:
>>
>>> My understanding was that the synchronization was bidirectional but
>>> clearly we’re working without documentation.
>>>       http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/PROPOSAL-Apache-
>>> Karaf-Slack-amp-discuss-about-GitBox-td4050669.html <
>>> http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/PROPOSAL-Apache-Karaf-
>>> Slack-amp-discuss-about-GitBox-td4050669.html>
>>> http://apache-accumulo.1065345.n5.nabble.com/DISCUSS-GitBox-td21160.html
>>> <http://apache-accumulo.1065345.n5.nabble.com/DISCUSS-GitBox-td21160.html

I'm quite happy

committers who have

> [...]