flink-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Hogan <c...@greghogan.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] GitBox
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2017 12:37:03 GMT
You are not able to push to the ASF repo? This link implies that both work (and identify an
issue now addressed):
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-14039 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-14039>

From my .git/config:

[remote "origin"]
	url = git@github.com:apache/flink-shaded.git
	fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
[remote "apache"]
	url = https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/flink-shaded.git
	fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/apache/*
[branch "master"]
	remote = origin
	merge = refs/heads/master

> On Jul 18, 2017, at 7:52 AM, Chesnay Schepler <chesnay@apache.org> wrote:
>
> So committers would still need to link their accounts.
>
> Source for the mirror info: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13926
>
> On 18.07.2017 13:50, Chesnay Schepler wrote:
>> Alright, so there is an apache repo that can found at https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flink-shaded.git
>> but it is a mirror of the github repo.
>>
>> For flink, we push to apache and it is mirrored to github.
>> For flink-shaded, we push to github and it is mirror to apache.
>>
>> On 18.07.2017 13:47, Chesnay Schepler wrote:
>>> I'm not aware of any asf hosted repository for gitbox projects; if you look at
the flink-shaded repository you will
>>> not see any mention of it being a mirror, compared to the flink repo.
>>>
>>> The git-wip-us.apache.org repo for flink-shaded was removed when we switched.

repo? My understanding was that linking and 2FA was only required to commit through GitHub,
so no one would have diminished capabilities. I’d generally recommend only ever writing
to a single repo to prevent concurrent commits.

I don't know whether we want to

Other

also allow committers

for example, PRs adding