flink-dev mailing list archives

From Piotr Nowojski <pi...@data-artisans.com>
Subject Re: Tips to fix IDEA strange problem after updating master code
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2017 07:57:55 GMT
Besides deactivating “scala-2.10” profile in the Intellij it might be necessary to:
- reimport maven project:
	1. Right click on root module: “flink-parent”
	2. Maven
	3. reimport
- invalidate caches and restart: File -> Invalidate caches and restart -> invalidate
/restart
- rebuild whole project

I suspect that either activation of scala-2.10 by default comes from flink-scala and flick-scala-shell
poms or it’s an artifact because you created/imported Intellij project when 2.10 was the
default. If the first option is true, this PR: https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/4240 <https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/4240>
might fix this issue.

Another quirk that I encauntered is the compile error about  ILoopCompat class being defined
twice in Intellij (works fine from console). This comes from flink-scala-shell/pom.xml, which
defines two different source paths depending on Scala version:

<source>src/main/scala-${scala.binary.version}</source>

Such thing is not supported by Intellij and one have to manually remove one of the source
directory (either 2.11 or 2.10) from the project settings.

Piotrek