flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] What is a "Blocker" in our JIRA?
Date Thu, 04 May 2017 17:38:28 GMT
Hi Flink Devs,

while checking our JIRA for the 1.3 release, I found that some issues of
type "New Feature" have the priority "Blocker".
With the time-based release model, I don't think its possible to mark a new
feature as a blocker.

Only a bug that leads to wrong results, system failure or completely
undefined behavior (without any available workaround) is a blocker.
New features, missing documentation or inconveniences are never blockers.

I understand that people want to express that their feature is so important
that it is basically blocking us from creating a release, but with the
time-based release model, this doesn't really apply.

If nobody disagrees, I'll un"block" new features to "Major" new features.

Regards,
Robert

Examples: