flink-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Hogan <c...@greghogan.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] NOTICE
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 13:13:59 GMT
In several locations we have copied code from external projects, for
example
flink-scala-shell/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/api/java/JarHelper.java
links to the file from org.apache.xmlbeans/xmlbeans/2.4.0. We also have
copied from Apache's Calcite, Spark, and Hadoop.

None of these projects are referenced in Flink's NOTICE or LICENSE. Is this
unnecessary because all Apache project code is is copyright the ASF (or
public domain)?

Also, lodash is cited in Flink's NOTICE but there is no lodash NOTICE at
https://github.com/lodash/lodash. We do properly cite the project in the
MIT License section of Flink's LICENSE.

Greg