flink-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Hogan <c...@greghogan.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] FLIP-18: Code Generation for improving sorting performance
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2017 15:42:49 GMT
Pat,

Thanks for running additional tests and continuing to work on this contribution.

My testing is also showing that the performance gains remain even when multiple classes are
used for sorting.

I think we should proceed in the order of FLINK-3722, FLINK-4705, and FLINK-5734. Gabor has
reviewed FLINK-3722 and I’ve done so multiple times. I’m looking into test coverage for
FLINK-4705. Once these are reviewed and FLINK-5734 rebased we can benchmark Flink’s performance
to validate the improvements.

Greg