flink-dev mailing list archives

From amir bahmanyari <amirto...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Flink limitations under Beam
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2017 16:46:35 GMT
Thanks Aljoscha,How sever of performance difference are we talking about here? examples of
"Iterations/feedback edges" and how they get applied?Thanks so much Aljoscha.

      From: Aljoscha Krettek <aljoscha@apache.org>
 To: dev@flink.apache.org; amir bahmanyari <amirtousa@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 1:59 AM
 Subject: Re: Flink limitations under Beam

Hi,
I think you would mainly lose on performance, since Beam adds an additional layer of abstraction
and has some requirements from Runners that slow things down compared to running natively
on Flink.

I think feature wise, the only thing that you will lose is support for Iterations/feedback
edges. Flink has this while Beam does not (yet) have an API for that.

Best,
Aljoscha
> On 4. Apr 2017, at 02:11, amir bahmanyari <amirtousa@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hi colleagues, been a long time. New project.What feature(s)/capabilities of Flink would
become unavailable/limited if the pipeline app is written in Beam sdk using FlinkRunner?