flink-dev mailing list archives

From Pattarawat Chormai <pat.chor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] FLIP-18: Code Generation for improving sorting performance
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2017 00:46:39 GMT
Hi guys,

I have made an additional optimization[1] related to megamorphic call issue
that Greg mentioned earlier. The optimization[2] improves execution time
around ~13%, while the original code from FLINK-5734 is ~11%.

IMHO, the improvement from metamorphic call optimization is very small
compared to the code we have to introduce. So, I think we can just go with
the PR that we currently have. What do you think?

[1]
https://github.com/heytitle/flink/commit/8e38b4d738b9953337361c62a8d77e909327d28f
[2]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PcdCdFX4bGecO6Lb5dLI2nww2NoeaA8c3MgbEdsVmk0/edit#gid=598217386

Best,