flink-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Neumann <martin.neum...@ri.se>
Subject Re: [POLL] Who still uses Java 7 with Flink ?
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2017 13:19:12 GMT
I think this easier done in a straw poll than in an email conversation.
I created one at: http://www.strawpoll.me/12535073
(Note that you have multiple choices.)

Though I prefer Java 8 most of the time I have to work on Java 7. A lot of the infrastructure
I work on still runs Java 7, one of the companies I build a prototype for a while back just
updated to Java 7 2 years ago. I doubt we can ditch Java 7 support any time soon if we want
to make it easy for companies to use Flink.

cheers Martin

//PS sorry if this gets sent twice, we just migrated to a new mail system and a lot of things
are broken

________________________________
From: Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 12:30:24 PM
To: user@flink.apache.org; dev@flink.apache.org
Subject: [POLL] Who still uses Java 7 with Flink ?

Hi all!

I would like to get a feeling how much Java 7 is still being used among Flink users.

At some point, it would be great to drop Java 7 support and make use of Java 8's new features,
but first we would need to get a feeling how much Java 7 is still used.

Would be happy if users on Java 7 respond here, or even users that have some insights into
how widespread they think Java 7 still is.

Thanks,
Stephan