flink-dev mailing list archives

From shijinkui <shijin...@huawei.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Flink dist directory management
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2017 07:46:50 GMT
Hi, all

The Flink distribution’s directory have no very clear responsibility about what type of
files should be in which directory.

The "bin","conf","lib" directories are clear for their responsibility.

But the “opt" directories are mixed with library jars and example jars.

I think we can discuss how is reasonable for the directory. Once we determined, we should
follow it.

IMO, directory style below is reasonable:

- "examples" directory only contain example jars
- "opt" directory only contain optional library jars in runtime
- "lib" directory only contain library jar that must be loaded at runtime
- “resources” directory only contain resource file used at runtime, such as web file

Show your opinion please.

@wuchong, @fhueske @Fabian

Best regards,
Jinkui Shi

.
├── LICENSE
├── NOTICE
├── README.txt
├── bin
│   ├── config.sh
│   ├── flink
│   ├── ...
├── conf
│   ├── flink-conf.yaml
│   ├── ...
├── examples
│   ├── batch
│   └── streaming
├── lib
│   ├── flink-dist_2.11-1.3.0.jar
│   ├── flink-python_2.11-1.3.0.jar
│   ├── ...
├── log
├── opt
│   ├── flink-cep-scala_2.11-1.3.0.jar
│   ├── flink-cep_2.11-1.3.0.jar
│   ├── flink-gelly-examples_2.11-1.3.0.jar
│   ├── flink-gelly-scala_2.11-1.3.0.jar
│   ├── flink-gelly_2.11-1.3.0.jar
│   ├── flink-metrics-dropwizard-1.3.0.jar
│   ├── flink-metrics-ganglia-1.3.0.jar
│   ├── flink-metrics-graphite-1.3.0.jar
│   ├── flink-metrics-statsd-1.3.0.jar
│   └── flink-ml_2.11-1.3.0.jar
├── resources
│   └── python