flink-dev mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Side Outputs and Split/Select
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2017 14:42:30 GMT
Quick update: I created a branch where I make the result type of
WindowedStream operations more specific:
https://github.com/aljoscha/flink/blob/windowed-stream-result-specific/flink-streaming-java/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/streaming/api/datastream/WindowedStream.java

We would need this for the "lateStream()" API without the explicit
OutputTag.

It seems the backwards compatibility checker doesn't like this and
complains about breaking binary backwards compatibility. +Robert Metzger
<rmetzger@apache.org> Do you have an idea what we could do there?