flink-dev mailing list archives

From Gyula Fóra <gyf...@apache.org>
Subject Question about Async IO
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2017 13:53:57 GMT
Hi,

I was looking at the AsyncFunction interface and try to wrap my head around
the implementation and the assumptions and I have some questions, maybe
somebody could help me out :)

What happens if the user does not collect any data or set a future to do so
in the invoke method?
Also what happens if I create more than one Future?

It seems that the "streamRecordBufferEntry"  logic assumes that there will
be a Future that eventually collects 1 thing or the user does this
directly.
Do I understand correctly? If not I am probably missing the part where the
buffer entry is removed immediately if no async request was made.

Thank you!
Gyula