flink-dev mailing list archives

From Fritz Budiyanto <fbudi...@icloud.com>
Subject Need help on understanding flink runtime and window function
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2017 19:09:49 GMT
Hi Flink Dev,

I’m new to Flink and have a few questions below:

1. I’m trying to understand Flink runtime on the server side, and couldn’t figure out
where the code which execute the window function sum below. I wanted to put a break point
but got lost in the code base. Could someone shed a light ?
val counts = text.flatMap { _.toLowerCase.split("\\W+") filter { _.nonEmpty } }
  .map { (_, 1) }
  .keyBy(0)
  .window(ProcessingTimeSessionWindows.withGap(Time.seconds(5)))
  .sum(1)
2. How is the Scala jar file get executed on the server side ? Is there internal documentation
explaining the process ?

3. I’m planning to use ContinuousProcessingTimeTrigger on a session window. Is there possibility
in the window function to figure out if the window is about to be retired ? For instance,
for the recurring trigger I’m planning to do some processing. When the window is about to
be retired, I’d like to do a different processing (ie. Computing final value and flush).
Any suggestion ?

—
Fritz