flink-dev mailing list archives

From Paris Carbone <par...@kth.se>
Subject Unregistering Managed State in Operator Backend
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2017 16:59:49 GMT
Hi folks,

I have a little question regarding the managed store operator backend, in case someone can
help.

Is there some convenient way (planned or under development) to completely unregister a state
entry (e.g. a ListState) with a given id from the backend?
It is fairly easy to register new states dynamically (i.e. with getOperatorState(…)), why
not being able to discard it as well?

I would find this feature extremely convenient to a fault tolerance related PR I am working
on but I can think of many use cases that might need it.

Paris