flink-dev mailing list archives

From Vijay <vijikar...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Schedule and Scope for Flink 1.2
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2016 13:49:43 GMT
Max and Ufuk, I respect your concerns and fully understand the importance of the network layer
stack in Flink code base. Will you be comfortable to merge the code if I remove the Netty
layer changes and leave the rest of the code. We can address the Netty code changes post 1.2
release?

Regards,
Vijay

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 12, 2016, at 3:38 AM, Ufuk Celebi <uce@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 12 December 2016 at 12:30:31, Maximilian Michels (mxm@apache.org) wrote:
>>> It seems like we lack the resources for now to properly to take
>> care
>> of your pull request before the release. Unless someone from
>> the
>> community is really eager to help out here, I would be in favor
>> of
>> merging the pull request to the master after the release branch
>> has
>> been forked off. We should make sure it gets the attention it deserves
>> then.
>
> Thanks Max! I fully agree with your reasoning. +1 to not include this in 1.2 now, but
look at it afterwards. I hope that OK with you Vijay.