flink-dev mailing list archives

From Ufuk Celebi <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flink 1.1.4 (RC3)
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2016 10:05:51 GMT
If the memory consumption behaviour changed since 1.1.3 I think that
this is a blocker for the release. I would not like users to upgrade
their Flink installation and all of a sudden run into killed
containers. I would not blindly change the default memory fraction
without understanding the root cause of this.

The other issues you found are nice to fix, but can also happen via 1.1.5 imo.

I checked the following so far:
- Files are cleaned up on checkpoint failures (FS backend)
- Streams are eagerly closed on cancellation (FS backend)
- Non-recoverable jobs in ZooKeeper are skipped and a warning is given
- StreamingStateMachine job with HA (killing TMs and JM)
- Manually compared stream consumption behaviour with 1.1.3 and RC2
(comparing the "fairness")

Especially the last fix is very important and should get out as soon
as possible.