flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Schedule and Scope for Flink 1.2
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2016 15:39:02 GMT
Hi Aljoscha,
thanks a lot for resolving this last big release blocker!

I'll definitively fork off in the release branch in the next few hours.
Stephan asked me to wait for a few more minutes for his maven changes.

The JIRAs you've mentioned seem to be pretty isolated, so its fine to merge
them afterwards to both branches.

Regards,
Robert

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Aljoscha Krettek <aljoscha@apache.org>
wrote:

> I just merged the most important backwards compatibility changes, with
> tests.
>
> I think this one is still a blocker:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-5320 (WindowedStream.fold()
> cannot be used). And this one is a potential blocker for some users:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-5363.
>
> IMHO, we can cut the branch today and I'll get them in on master and both
> the 1.2 branch. What do you think?
>
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 at 15:24 Robert Metzger <rmetzger@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Quick update here: I talked to Aljoscha offline, and the backwards
> > compatibility is still being tested (there were some bugs identified
> while
> > writing the tests).
> >
> > Also, Stephan made some fixes to the build infrastructure (
> > https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/3029) that would be good to be
> > included into the release branch.
> > To finally get the FLIP-6 branch merged to master, I'm considering
> > branching off the 1.2 release later today. It will be a little bit more
> > overhead for Stephan and Aljoscha, but it will unblock all features
> waiting
> > for a Flink 1.3 master.
> >

> > On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 6:05 PM, Robert Metzger <rmetzger@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you Aljoscha and Fabian for the updates.
> > > I propose *Monday evening (6pm Berlin, 9am US west coast) for feature
> > > freezing Flink 1.2 *then. This means that I'll create a release-1.2
> fork
> > > and create a 1.2 RC0 (non-voting) release candidate for testing.
> > >
> > > I don't think that I'll create the first (voting) RC until January
> > because
> > > of christmas and new years activities. Most of the committers I know
> are
> > > out of office during these 1,5 weeks.

> > the

> Monday