flink-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Richter <s.rich...@data-artisans.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Schedule and Scope for Flink 1.2
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2016 16:50:23 GMT
Hi Robert,

The state of (FLINK-4797) Add Flink 1.1 savepoint backwards compatibility is as follows:

We have identified 5 major steps:

1) Convert savepoint format, task state, state handles, etc.
2) Convert binary format of keyed state backends (Rocks, Heap, Fs)
3) Introduce a first step for for being able to upgrade type serializers in the future, in
particular versioning and making them part of a check/savepoint
4) Ensure current operators are compatible with their old format
5) Intensive testing

1) and 2) are finished and reviewed, they will be merged today or tomorrow.
3) Is almost done, then must be reviewed. My estimate is end of this week.
4) Kostas is working on this, but my feeling is that we are pretty close to completion. We
already restored a job with general window operator and kafka source in an end-to-end test.
My estimate for this would be end of this week or beginning of next week.
5) While we already tested a lo during development, I think this needs some thorough end-to-end
testing after steps 1-4 are completed.

Best,
Stefan