flink-dev mailing list archives

From sjk <shijinkui...@163.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] deprecated function need more detail
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 03:42:16 GMT
Hi, all

Let’s have look at Checkpointed interface below. It declared deprecated but have no detail
for why, when and how replace this function. It’s a big trouble for the users.

@Deprecated
@PublicEvolving
public interface Checkpointed<T extends Serializable> extends CheckpointedRestoring<T>
{

I think we should have more detail: when give up, who replace it, why deprecated.

For Java code, add detail  deprecated reason in code annotations.
For Scala code, replace Java annotation  @Deprecated(,,) with Scala annotation @deprecated,
such as
@deprecated(message = "the reason", since = "when fully give up”)

Add this rule to customized checkstyle plugin of maven and SBT.

Best regard
-Jinkui Shi