flink-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffery David <dwan...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Proposal for Asynchronous I/O in FLINK
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 02:56:51 GMT
Hi ALL,

Recently, we have designed and implemented a proposal in FLINK to
support Asynchronous
Operation while streaming. The main feature of this proposal is to
introduce async i/o operation in FLINK to boost the TPS of streaming
job without delaying the checkpoint, and provide an easy way for the FLINK
users to implement their async i/o codes in FLINK job.

Here is the link to Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/
document/d/1Lr9UYXEz6s6R_3PWg3bZQLF3upGaNEkc0rQCFSzaYDI/edit

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
David