flink-dev mailing list archives

From Shannon Carey <sca...@expedia.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Proposal for Asynchronous I/O in FLINK
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2016 17:43:14 GMT
Not to derail this thread onto another topic but the problem with using a static instance is
that there's no way to shut it down when the job stops. So if, for example, it starts threads,
I don't think those threads will stop when the job stops. I'm not very well versed in how
various Java 8 implementations perform unloading of classloaders & class definitions/statics
therein, but it seems problematic unless the job provides a shutdown hook to which user code
can subscribe.