flink-dev mailing list archives

From Chesnay Schepler <ches...@apache.org>
Subject Re: currentLowWatermark metric not reported for all tasks?
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 11:15:06 GMT
Hello Dan,

the technical reason is that this metric is only collected in the
*InputProcessor classes, which aren't used for source tasks.

I do recall that there were discussions about source watermarks, but
frankly i don't remember why we didn't add them.

In order to add them one would only have to modify the SourceContext
classes to a) store the last emitted watermark and b) expose it through
a metric.

Regards,
Chesnay