flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Move Redis and Flume connectors to Apache Bahir and redirect contributions there
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 15:24:24 GMT
Hi,

following the discussions in [1], the community decided to offer
contributors to submit streaming connectors the Flink community can not
maintain to Apache Bahir (there is still the option that we are moving
popular connectors to the main Flink codebase)

The ActiveMQ connector pull request [2], the Sink for RethinkDB [3], and
the streaming sink for HBase [4] are in my opinion examples of connectors
we should first give to Bahir.

Also, I'm proposing to move the Redis sink [5] and the Flume sink [6] from
Apache Flink to Bahir. I can not recall any users asking about those Sinks
on the mailing list.

Please object to this proposal within 72 hours, otherwise, I'll start
moving the code out of Flink to Bahir (+1 confirmations of the proposal are
appreciated)

Regards,
Robert

[1]