flink-dev mailing list archives

From Vishnu Viswanath <vishnu.viswanat...@gmail.com>
Subject QueryableState, unable to register KvStateRegistryListener
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 23:56:40 GMT
Hi,

I was trying the QueryableState from the pull request
https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/2051
I am doing the following:

1. Make the stream queryable by calling
myKeyedStreamd.asQueryableState("my-state",myStateDescriptor)

2. Create a client that takes a job id, conf, query-name and key,
num_of_retries. Similar to the test case written in
QueryableStateITCase.java

My QueryClient is able to talk to the job manager, i.e., it is sending the
KvStateMessage and JobManager is able to get the job graph and registry.
But it is not able to retrieve the location from the registry, because it
is not able to find the registrationName in the lookupTable.

After digging a little deep, I found that the lookupTable is not having the
registrationName because NetworkEnvironment is unable to register the
KvStateRegisryListener, since Option<NettyConfig> isDefined() is returning
false in the NetworkEnvironment.java. I am not sure how to proceed from
here, do I need to set some configs for QueryableState to work?

PS : I know this feature is not merged yet, but I was trying this out as
part of my POC, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Vishnu Viswanath