flink-dev mailing list archives

From Le Quoc Do <lequo...@gmail.com>
Subject sampling function
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2016 14:47:54 GMT
Hi all,

I'm working on approximate computing using sampling techniques. I
recognized that Flink supports the sample function for Dataset
(org/apache/flink/api/java/utils/DataSetUtils.java). I'm just wondering why
you didn't merge the function to org/apache/flink/api/java/DataSet.java
since the sample function works as a transformation operator?

The second question is that are you planning to support the sample function
for DataStream (within windows) since I did not see it in DataStream code ?

Thank you,
Do