flink-dev mailing list archives

From Till Rohrmann <trohrm...@apache.org>
Subject Master test stability poor
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 10:12:02 GMT
Hi Flink community,

I just wanted to raise awareness that in the last 16 days there was just a
single Travis build of master which passed all tests. This indicates that
we have some serious problems with our test stability or even worse a
problem with the master itself. Having an unstable master makes it really
hard to assess whether new changes actually broke something or whether the
failing test was unrelated.

We have currently 37 open issues labeled with test-stability and most of
them have a critical priority. Therefore, I would propose that we try to
tackle them as soon as possible in order to improve our testing stability.

Cheers,
Till