flink-dev mailing list archives

From Ozan DENÄ°Z <ozande...@outlook.com>
Subject Apache Flink: aligning watermark among parallel tasks
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 08:03:02 GMT
We are using periodic event time window with watermark. We have currently 4 parallel tasks
in our Flink App.

During the streaming process, all the 4 tasks' watermark values must be close to trigger window
event.

  For example;

  Task 1 watermark value = 8

  Task 2 watermark value = 1

  Task 3 watermark value = 8

  Task 4 watermark value = 8

Task 2 is waiting for log to update its watermark. However,
the condition can occur before Task 2's update and we want to fire the
window event before it.

Is there any mechanism to align all the parallel tasks' watermarks or fire the window event
without waiting for other tasks?