flink-dev mailing list archives

From Shannon Quinn <squ...@gatech.edu>
Subject zipWithIndex in Python API
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2016 17:15:43 GMT
Hi all,

I'm interested in getting involved the Python API development. The first
use-case I've encountered in my work is that of zipWithIndex, so I
started looking into how to go about implementing that. It looks like
the core of it involves being able to uniquely identify what worker
you're currently in between distributed calls; the Scala end has
getRuntimeContext().getIndexOfThisSubtask(), but Python's runtime
context is more or less limited to the broadcast variables.

Happy to hear any hints as to how I should get started with this. Thanks.

Regards,
Shannon