flink-dev mailing list archives

From Vijay Srinivasaraghavan <vijikar...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject RollingSink
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 09:08:50 GMT
Hello,
I have enabled checkpoint and I am using RollingSink to sink the data to HDFS (2.7.x) from
KafkaConsumer. To simulate failover/recovery, I stopped TaskManager and the job gets rescheduled
to other Taskmanager instance. During this momemnt, the current "in-progress" gets closed
and renamed to part-0-1 from _part-0-1_in-progress.
I was hoping to see the debug statement that I have added to "restoreState" method but none
of my debug statement gets printed. I am not sure if the restoreState() method gets invoked
during this scenario. Could you please help me understand the flow during "failover" scenario?
P.S: Functionally the code appears to be working fine but I am trying to understand the underlying
implementation details. public void restoreState(BucketState state)
Regards
Vijay