flink-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>
Subject Emitting to non-declared output stream
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 14:25:45 GMT
Hi,

currently, I am using Storm 0.9.3. For first tests on a new topology, I
use LocalCluster. It happened to me, that I emitted tuples to an output
stream, that I did never declare (and thus not connect to). For this, I
would expect an error message in the log. However, I don't get anything
which makes debugging very hard.

What do you think about it? Should I open a JIRA for it?

For real cluster deployment, I think the overhead of checking the output
stream ID is too large and one can easily see the problem in the UI --
the non-declared output streams that gets tuples show up there. However,
for LocalCluster, there is not UI and an error log message would be nice.

-Matthias